Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Find the Right Business Partner

Toughest among all other things I guess. Getting a right partner who shares the same vision, is not as easy as A B C. It takes a lot of understanding with each other, a lot of mutual agreements and compromises needed to compliment one another.

I started out all alone. Battling the negotiations, thinking about the buisness plan that works best for myself and the business, working on a limited start up capital and managing a household at the same time is not an easy task that can be described over a few words.

Having said that, I still took on the role bravely. Some may think I am impulsive, but it took me a pretty steep learning curve from a start. A lot of research, a lot of time taken to read up on every single product that I shortlisted to carry them on my web store.

I do not have any special skills. I am not good with craft works, not good in drawings, not patient enough for sewing etc...I need to depend on ready products that benefits people at large that is not found in Sg at this moment.

No one can understand how happy I felt when my sis finally told me she is ready to join me. Having an extra pair of hands to assist is really great news! Though at this point she is helping with the logistics, it is already enough as this is her profession. She knows how to bring in the goods at lower shipping cost and we will weigh the pros and cons.

So, what am I selling? Many people ask. I am keeping mum about it for the time being and keeping everyone in suspense. I will reveal more when my website is more ready and share with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment