Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Don't Get Too Excited

This serves as a daily reminder to myself.

I was overwhelmed when we were awarded with a chance for expansion for the business, we overlooked certain important factors at that moment.

When I sat down, think over it with a calm and peaceful mind, i came up with a checklists on whatever possible questions that I may have towards that opportunity.

"We are not ready!"

This came to my mind at that instance. I knew, even my partner is aware and we discussed over this opportunity seriously and decided to hold back our decision.

Whenever we are excited and hyped about something, we will overlook certain risks. I am thankful that we did not act on impulse as there are also calculated risks involved in this whole process. We need to work on this very carefully especially when the original "baby" is not even officially born!

We are mindful about each step we take. Remember, always sit down with a paper and pen, write down whatever questions that runs over your mind, jot them down and re-visit the next day with a fresh mind and make a best decision for yourself and the business.

No comments:

Post a Comment